« Facebook: Crossing the Chasm in Reverse | Main | Silicon Valley Postcard »

Venture Voice Rebooted

Save the orange for later

We took off for the summer from Venture Voice. E-mails like these from loyal fans made it a painful experence:

Great show, have you taken the summer of? I hope to hear you back on the pods soon.

Cheers!

pb
Penticton, BC

----

I talked with Joel Spolsky recently and he said that you are no longer doing Venture Voice! I have learned so much from your podcasts and was disheartened to hear this news. I do hope that you continue VV. I wish you the best in what you are now doing. Diwant

I can explain!

I was busy launching a new business called News Groper, a network of parody first-person blogs. For example, if you want your fix of business news, you can read blogs "by" Tom Perkins, Ben Bernanke, Stephen Schwarzman and Jeff Skilling.

But fall's upon us. Venture capitalists are back from vacation, customers are ready to do deals again and entrepreneurs are more than ready to pounce. As such, we're ready to give you the content you need.

I'm very excited to announce that Eddie LeBreton has joined the Venture Voice team to help take things to the next level.

Now we need your help: What can we do better? Who should we interview? Any other great ideas for us? Want to sponsor Venture Voice? Please post in the comments or contact us.

Posted by Greg Galant on Sep 18, 2007 | Permalink | Comments (6) | TrackBack (0)

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

I am so happy that your great podcast has not died! Looking forward to more VV fixes in the near future.

Posted by: Stephen at September 18, 2007 10:52 PM

Hallelujah! Great to hear!

Start with Jeff Atwood from CodingHorror.com. Seems like an extremely interesting guy. Perhaps he's not an entrepreneur in the same vein as others that you've interviewed, he definitely has strong opinions on how to develop great software (even disagree with jedi master Spolsky at times), and his widely-read blog is frequented by the same engineers that build startups.

Posted by: anthropocentric at September 18, 2007 10:54 PM

Really happy to hear you're back. Venture Voice is an amazingly great podcast. By far my favorite one and I listen to some good ones.

Venture Voice should be able to make some serious money with some additional advertising. Get the companies that are advertising on Techcrunch to pay you for audio ads! I suggest this, because I figure if VV can make you a lot of money I'll get more great VV! A few ads are a small price to pay.

I don't know how you came up with the previous interview candidates, but I loved almost all of them. It would be great to hear from some of those people again and it would be great if we could vote on each interview so you know which we like the most.

All the people in the book "Founders at Work" would be great. And lots of the more programmer-founders in Peter Siedel's list of famous people for "Coders at Work' would be too.

Can't wait for more Venture Voice!!

Thank you!

Posted by: John P. at September 19, 2007 4:23 AM

Thanks God. I really happy to hear you're back.

+1 for John. You can interview founders in the "Founders at Work".

Posted by: Your Fan at November 5, 2007 10:16 PM

Thanks God. I really happy to hear you're back.

+1 for John. You can interview founders in the "Founders at Work".

Posted by: Your Fan at November 5, 2007 10:17 PM

I missed this post but found out that VV was back when I got the Perkins podcast in my iTunes. Hooray for feeds.

John has good ideas above; I hope you've been able to track down some advertising. Also, I imagine you can justify time spent on this show by thinking of the value of the connections you make in the entrepreneur community.

As for how to improve, I would add that I think the show is already quite well done, partly because you bring on good people, but also because you know how to conduct a good interview. I don't know if this is something you studied/worked on a lot or if it just comes naturally. There are so many professional news/interview people (not to mention podcasters) who could really learn from the way you direct the conversation and stay out of the way.

I'll keep an eye out for people you should bring on the show, but generally I just wanted to say I'm glad you're back.

Posted by: Andy at December 19, 2007 12:34 AM