VV Show #26 - Kelly Perdew is the Venture Voice 2005 Entrepreneur of the Year
Kelly Perdew may have won The Apprentice 2, but the listeners of Venture Voice have given him a new recognition for his entrepreneurial work since then. Kelly got the most votes for the Venture Voice 2005 Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Since we last had Kelly on the show, he’s started a number of new ventures. He announces on the show that he’s launching a new venture capital shop called Angel-Led Venture Partners. We also play your audio votes and get Kelly’s reaction.
- “That was quite stiff competition.”
3:30 Listener vote: Entrepreneurial while working for Trump
4:15 Launching Trump Direct Media
5:35 Listener vote: Achievements since winning The Apprentice
6:25 Kelly’s new book is Take Command
9:20 Listener vote: Kelly cares about the nation’s youth
10:15 Helping the youth
- Kelly is part of Big Brother/Big Sisters and National Guard Youth Challenge Program.
- “It’s still kind of weird to look at this as a quasi-celebrity status where I can impact things just by talking to the media.”
13:00 Downside of being on The Apprentice?
14:15 Launching Angel-Led Venture Partners
- Working with Luis Villalobos, the founder of The Tech Coast Angels.
- “It will enable me to help anywhere from 20 to 35 ventures grow.”
17:45 Working with angels
19:50 Juggling many ventures
21:45 Next three months
- Finalizing filming for the new GI Factory TV show on the Military Channel.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
This is so disappointing...
Posted by: Anonymous at January 30, 2006 12:49 AM
I still think Jason from 37signals should have won.
Posted by: Dhrumil at January 30, 2006 1:05 PM
I'm curious to know how much name recognition had to do Kelly winning. IMHOP, there were many other more deserving entrepreneurs on the list. A vote to the general public may not be the best way to determine who wins an award when one of the contestants has starred on a popular TV series. I'm also curious about how many people voted and who placed 2nd and 3rd.
Posted by: Andrew Fife at February 5, 2006 2:39 AM